Hadleigh 12 - 57 Fakenham
So after a shocking first 30 minutes having conceded 37 points the boys decided to turn up, Hadleigh finally found some fight and boy did they turn up, they showed exactly why the first half of the season was so successful. A 12-20 second half doesn’t reflect how well they played. Thank you all for your support in my return as Hadleigh Coach it was an absolute pleasure Jeavesey
In Rugby Union the partnership between team management and parents is positively encouraged through:
- Providing a seasonal diary of the times and dates of training, matches and competitions.
- Providing information on possible financial issues.
- Agreeing issues relating to duty of care (e.g. responsibility for travelling to and from games).
- Encouraging parents to attend coaching sessions and games and making them aware that the “win at all costs” ethos is not accepted in Rugby Union.
- Ensuring that parents have realistic aspirations for their child and are aware of his/her strengths and weaknesses.
- Informing parents about specialist equipment that is required (e.g. gum shields), and from where it can be purchased.
- Ensuring parents are aware of what is acceptable touchline behaviour.
- And above all, involving parents in peripheral activities that make them feel they ‘belong’, especially if it involves expertise which is not directly rugby related.