Please check with your coaches and team managers before setting out.
The U14 Plate Match @ Mistley CANCELLED
The U15s Friendly @ SOUTHWOLD CANCELLED
The U16s Plate Match @ Woodbridge: I have advised Jaco to CANCEL as the roads are going to be unsafe and the weather appalling.
The COLTS' National Cup Game CANCELLED as Rochford are unable to travel safely
The U13s. County Festival @ Colchester is, I understand, in the process of being cancelled.
Good news for everyone but Fixtures Secretaries...
In Rugby Union the partnership between team management and parents is positively encouraged through:
- Providing a seasonal diary of the times and dates of training, matches and competitions.
- Providing information on possible financial issues.
- Agreeing issues relating to duty of care (e.g. responsibility for travelling to and from games).
- Encouraging parents to attend coaching sessions and games and making them aware that the “win at all costs” ethos is not accepted in Rugby Union.
- Ensuring that parents have realistic aspirations for their child and are aware of his/her strengths and weaknesses.
- Informing parents about specialist equipment that is required (e.g. gum shields), and from where it can be purchased.
- Ensuring parents are aware of what is acceptable touchline behaviour.
- And above all, involving parents in peripheral activities that make them feel they ‘belong’, especially if it involves expertise which is not directly rugby related.