Hadleigh 12 - 57 Fakenham
So after a shocking first 30 minutes having conceded 37 points the boys decided to turn up, Hadleigh finally found some fight and boy did they turn up, they showed exactly why the first half of the season was so successful. A 12-20 second half doesn’t reflect how well they played. Thank you all for your support in my return as Hadleigh Coach it was an absolute pleasure Jeavesey
Young rugby players are impressionable and their behaviour will often reflect that of adults around them. In Rugby Union we welcome spectators on our touchlines who embrace the ethos of the game as one of FUN,ENJOYMENT and SKILL DEVELOPMENT.
In Rugby Union spectators are encouraged to:
- Act as positive role models to all young players.
- Be familiar with, and abide by, the RFU child protection guidance in relation to verbal and emotional abuse.
- Respect the rugby club policy with regard to spectator behaviour.
In Rugby Union spectators should:
- Remember children play sport for their enjoyment not yours.
- Acknowledge good individual and team performance from all youngsters irrespective of which team they play for.
- Respect match official’s decisions. Remember, they are volunteers providing an opportunity for youngsters to play rugby.
- NEVER VERBALLY ABUSE YOUNG PLAYERS, MATCH OFFICIALS, FELLOW SPECTATORS OR COACHES. Such behaviour can create a negative environment for young players and their behaviour will often reflect this.
- Acknowledge effort and good performance rather than the “win at all costs” ethic.
- Verbally encourage all youngsters in a positive way. If you do want to shout make sure it is ‘for’, not ‘at’, the players.
- Condemn bad language, rude behaviour and violence.
- Encourage all youngsters irrespective of their ability – never ridicule any individual player, regardless of the team they play for.
- Remember – It’s only a game!