Please check with your coaches and team managers before setting out.
The U14 Plate Match @ Mistley CANCELLED
The U15s Friendly @ SOUTHWOLD CANCELLED
The U16s Plate Match @ Woodbridge: I have advised Jaco to CANCEL as the roads are going to be unsafe and the weather appalling.
The COLTS' National Cup Game CANCELLED as Rochford are unable to travel safely
The U13s. County Festival @ Colchester is, I understand, in the process of being cancelled.
Good news for everyone but Fixtures Secretaries...
Young players should recognise that many people in Rugby Union are working to provide a safe and enjoyable game in which they can develop both as a player and as an individual.
In Rugby Union young players are encouraged to:
- Recognise and appreciate the efforts made by coaches, parents, match officials and administrators in providing them with the opportunity to play the game and enjoy the rugby environment.
- Understand the values of loyalty and commitment to adults and team-mates.
- Recognise that every young player has a right to expect their involvement in rugby to be safe and free from all types of abuse.
- Understand that if an individual or group of young players feel that they are not being treated in a manner that is acceptable, then they have a right to tell an adult either at the rugby club or outside of the game.
In Rugby Union, as a young player, you should:
- Play because you want to do so, not to please coaches or parents.
- Remember skill development, fun and enjoyment are the most important parts of the game.
- Be attentive at all training/coaching sessions.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team and both will then benefit.
- Recognise good play by ALL players on your team and by your opponents.
- Be a good sport – win or lose.
- Play to the laws of the game and accept, without question, all the referee’s decisions.
- Control your emotions. Verbal or physical abuse of team-mates, opponents, or match officials IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
- Treat all players, as you would like to be treated. Do not interfere with, bully or take unfair advantage of any player.